BCDC is seeking to hire a full-time operations manager.
|REPORTS TO:||Executive Director|
|POSITION SUMMARY:||Provide support to the Executive Director by managing operations, finances, information technology, personnel records, health records, and facilities.|
- Make financial decisions in consultation with Executive Director.
- Manage finances for the Center, including accounts payable and receivable. Prepare monthly financial reports and coordinate with bookkeeping and auditing consultants.
- Provide financial reports to Executive Director and Board officers for monthly Board of Directors meetings.
- Administer Center insurance plans including Workers’ Compensation, Business, Directors’ and Officers’, and Group Accident policies.
- Manage payroll, administer benefit programs, and provide information to employees regarding benefit policies and procedures.
- Assist with fundraising activities as needed.
- Make sound decisions in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Maintain family and personnel records as needed in accordance with Center, state and federal regulations.
- Work with Executive Director and Assistant Director to update and distribute staff directory and employee handbook.
- Update, compile, and distribute the annual parent information package, including the parent handbook and family directory.
- Manage Center’s information technology, including PCs, iPads, cameras, etc.
- Assist with Center events, such as special events, enrichment programs, parent meetings, and staff in-service training programs in consultation with Executive Director/Assistant Director.
- Assist the Executive Director and Assistant Director with creating and distributing information to prospective parents and conducting tours as needed.
- Assist the Executive Director and Assistant Director with providing regular communication to parents and staff regarding policies and procedures, Center events, health issues, etc, as needed.
- Open and close center as needed.
Facility and Supply Management:
- Manage Center/playground maintenance, repairs and improvements; coordinate facility issues with building management.
- Negotiate office services, contracts and equipment leases, including telephones and computer equipment and software.
- Maintain inventory of materials and supplies, including food supplies and weekly food purchases.
Assist with the annual license renewal process for the District of Columbia’s Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE).
- Assist in conducting monthly fire and emergency drills.
- Order supplies, equipment and curriculum materials as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
BA/BS in business, finance or related field. Minimum of five years of administration and financial experience is required. Two years of experience in a day care/non-profit setting is preferred. Must be proficient in QuickBooks, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Where to Apply
E-mail resume, list of references, and cover letter to the Search Committee: email@example.com